“Wisconsin’s Lost Towns,” Rhonda Fochs
White creek developed because it was located on a stagecoach line.
The White Creek Tavern still stands today. It once sat on the Main Street, which at one time was line with board sidewalks and commercial enterprises. It once had the largest hotel in Adams County . A train line was built which by-passed the town and then Highway 13 did the same. White Creek is now on CH H off Hwy 13, just south of Easton.
This is what is left of the Mill, which took advantage of a natural waterfall. Built in 1850, this mill’s achievements encouraged growth of the town. It is now on W. 14th Lane.